Background

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cowboy Pot Roast




I made a delicious recipe tonight that I found on another blog. If you know anything about the way I cook (I take after my mom) and I don't follow the directions exactly. But here is the recipe and the way that I made it.

1.5 tsp salt
1.5 tsp pepper
1 (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes, drained
1 can rotel
1 onion (cut into wedges)
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 (2.5-3 lb) eye of round roast
2 cans pinto beans, drained
1 can black beans, drained

Trim fat off of roast. Mix salt, pepper, tomatoes, rotel. Pour tomato mixture over roast in crock pot. Add onion, cover and cook on HIGH for 5-6 hours.
Remove roast from slow cooker and cut into large chunks.
Stir in black beans & pintos. Add roast pieces back to the crockpot; cover and cook on HIGH 20-25 min.
Now add some cornbread!! Enjoy!!

p.s. I thought this picture was cute with the boston terrier just to remind you of our sweet "firstborn" Bailey

No comments: