Background

Saturday, October 1, 2011

New Orleans

Some of you may or may not know that Jared is working on his Doctorate at New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary and actually almost done with it. He had a class in New Orleans during the middle of September and so we decided to make a little family adventure out of it. I had never been to New Orleans so it was a fun, new experience for me as well.
Most of our time there was spent just the kids and I since Jared was in class but it was great to get to see him when he was out of class. We went first to Jared's "school".
The kids explored and got to enjoy seeing Daddy's "school church" as Kati Ann called it.
After checking out the seminary, the kids and I hit the zoo. It was such a good zoo and we had so much fun. I know you've seen these animals in pictures before but I took these pictures with my phone! That's how close we got! We had so much fun.
No connection to University of Alabama but the elephants have always been Kati Ann's favorite

My favorite were these gorgeous tigers. It was like they were posing for us!

The lazy jaguar!

Yes, you are seeing correctly. She's touching the snake!

Unique to the swamps of Louisiana is the white alligator. Kati Ann & I both thought they were really cool.

The petting zoo was a favorite for both of our kids.

Kie finally had all the fun he could handle!

No comments: