Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Watch Out Emeril!
Kati Ann LOVES to cook! We cook a lot around here since she's developed such an interest in cooking. Tonight we experimented with a recipe that was sent home in her bag at school on Monday. It is easy and delicious. Thought I'd share this fun recipe with you!
(kid-friendly) FRUIT PIZZA
1 roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 (8oz) package cream cheese
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Assorted fruit: kiwi, strawberries, sliced apples & caramel sauce (forgot to put the caramel in mine), mandarin oranges, blackberries, blueberries, bananas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Press cookie dough into an ungreased pizza pan
3. Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool.
4. In a large bowl, beat cream chees with 1/2 cup of sugar and vanilla until light. Spread on cooled crust.
5. Arrange desired fruit on top of filling, and chill.